Deciding to divorce and to use divorce mediation as a process is a more civilized, less expensive and thought to be a healthier way to proceed.
However, if you cannot answer yes to these 7 questions, you are probably headed down the representation path. Make sure to talk it over with all parties involved before you make a decision.
1. Have we both agreed to seek a divorce now?
2. Have we both gotten past the anger phase of the decision to divorce?
3. Are we both looking for a fair settlement as opposed to a win-lose settlement?
4. Are we both willing to identify common and individual goals with the Mediator?
5. Are we both willing to disclose all income, assets and liabilities to one another and not simply the one we want one another to know about?
6. Are we both willing to discuss our cash flow reality now and what it may look like in the future?
7. Do we both trust that each of us is a good parent?
8. Are we looking for a divorce mediation process flat fee?
Not ready yet? Then learn more