Deciding to divorce and to use mediation as a process is a more civilized, less expensive and thought to be a healthier way to proceed.
However, if you cannot answer yes to these 7 questions, you are probably headed down the litigation path.
1. Have we both agreed to seek a divorce now?
2. Have we both gotten past the anger phase of the decision to divorce?
3. Are we both looking for a fair settlement as opposed to a win-lose settlement?
4. Are we both willing to identify common and individual goals with the Mediator?
5. Are we both willing to disclose all income, assets and liabilities to one another and not simply the one we want one another to know about?
6. Are we both willing to discuss our cash flow reality now and what it may look like in the future?
7. Do we both trust that each of us is a good parent?
If you can answer yes to these questions, then get started with your divorce mediation now: